Entertainment 15 Things About Iyanya and Yvonne Nelson's Love Story

The story of Ghanaian actress, Yvonne Nelson and her former lover, Nigerian singer, Iyanya is a very familiar one but since Iyanya recently chose to reach out to the actress on a very special day in her life, we have decided to share some facts about their turbulent love story.

Below are 15 facts about the estranged lovers:

• Are you aware that Iyanya has Yvonne Nelson's initials tattooed on his wrist? Yes he does!
  • Do you want to know how Yvonne Nelson describes Iyanya; even after their break-up? here's how she described him: "Great guy with great talent. He’s like the best singer I’ve ever known and he gives me good reason to think so."
  • When Yvonne Nelson turned 29 on November 12, 2014, Iyanya sent her a very curious message - It was a birthday message but he attached a clip from her movie - a particular scene where Nelson added Iyanya's name to a chant of incantations against her man
  • The precise lines of his birthday message he sent to Yvonne Nelson read: "Happy Birthday to The Beautiful and Talented Actress Yvonne Nelson. God Bless and Keep you. #YN it's Iyanya"
  • Their relationship ended on a very fiery note with an exchange of diss messages
  • Shortly after Yvonne Nelson opened up on Iyanya's alleged sexual irresponsibility and infidelity, Iyanya's immediate response to this when asked read: “I don’t want to talk about it please. She can say whatever she wants to say. It’s her business not mine.”
  • Iyanya once denied being in a relationship with Yvonne Nelson and went as far as saying: "“The thing about dating celebs is that it would most likely not last.”
  • Yvonne Nelson made it clear that her relationship with Iyanya did not survive 365 days when she said: "“We dated for between seven to eight months. We had something and I thought it was special, like he was a wonderful guy but it was all lies."
  • Archiving her ex-boyfriend's alleged sexual indiscipline, Yvonne Nelson said: "He had other girls and other things he was doing. Aside the actress that was in the picture, there were a lot more. That is how bad it was."
  • Yvonne nelson once came close to calling Iyanya a pathological liar when she said: "“We were in a relationship and he lied throughout and he was able to do all those things because I wasn’t living in Nigeria. But aside from the distance, I feel if you’re a genuine person and you’re loyal, you would still not do that. I feel it’s disrespectful to start mentioning other people’s names."
  • One of the things that hurt Yvonne Nelson the most while they dated was knowing her lover's other girlfriends while they were still together. To highlight this, she said: "I am talking about Iyanya because we had a thing, I don’t want to bring in a third person. There were a lot of names that people know. There was a girl from South Africa, I’m not going to mention names but she was part of Big Brother Africa last year."
  • According to Yvonne nelson, her decision not to overindulge in Public Display of Affection (PDA) was deliberately done to protect their fans. She explained this when she said: "“I also don’t believe in putting my relationships in the faces of people. We both had our careers and were trying to protect our fan base and that’s cool. But if you go through my Instagram page, you’d see a couple of pictures of us together."
  • Unlike Yvonne Nelson, Iyanya was allegedly not keen on publicly admitting that he was in an intimate relationship with Yvonne Nelson. "I wasn’t shy about anything but he could not say he’s dating Yvonne Nelson because he had different people he was seeing so it was very hard for him to bring it out," Yvonne Nelson explained.
  • Yvonne Nelson describes her relationship with Iyanya as a very shocking experience
  • Would it surprise you to know that because of what she allegedly experienced with Iyanya, Yvonne Nelson has taken entertainers off her list of men she can possibly date?

#Yvonnenelson #Iyanya

Iyanya.jpg

Iyanya
Yvonne Nelson.jpg

Yvonne Nelson

Back