Politics 2 Shocking Accusations Tompolo Made in His Letter to President Buhari

L

LequteMan

Mr. Government Ekpemupolo (aka Tompolo) has written a letter to President Muhammadu Buhari over allegations of fraud leveled against him.

He's refused to appear in court and an arrest warrant has been issued against him.

In the letter, published by The Nation, Tompolo made some allegations that:

1. Timipre Sylva and his cohorts are behind the recent bombing of oil facilities in the Niger Delta

“I wish to inform you that it has come to my knowledge that the leader of your party and governorship candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Bayelsa and a few young men from Warri South West council of Delta State, who joined the party from the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) after the 2015 presidential election, are bent on linking me to the renewed vandalism of oil facilities in the Niger Delta, whereas they are the ones carrying out the act to smear my name. They are doing this in connivance with the EFCC lawyer.

“The leader of your party in Bayelsa State approached me shortly after my meeting with you in Abuja that I should accompany him to meet you and plead for him to be appointed special adviser (SA) and chairman of the Presidential Amnesty Programme, which I refused to do because of his antecedents, as an unreliable and trustworthy person.

“It was thereafter he forced his way into the governorship election of the state, which almost tore the state apart with violence, beginning with the party primary in which he demonstrated a high level of desperation as was recounted by the Chairman of the committee and Governor of Edo State, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole.

2. EFCC lawyer, Festus Keyamo, has a personal vendetta against him.

“They (APC members) are the ones carrying out the act to smear my name. They are doing this in connivance with the EFCC lawyer, who is also a member of your party, who is in the forefront of prosecuting me because I refused to buy a property from him.”

“As for the EFCC lawyer, he approached me some years back that I should come to Abuja and Lagos to buy some choice property worth billions of naira from him. I told him that I do not have such money to buy property.

“Since then he has been looking for any opportunity to drag me into matters I do not know anything about. And this is one of the reasons why I have not appeared in the court because he is not qualified to prosecute me,” he added.

But Keyamo, when contacted, waved off Tompolo’s vendetta claim, stressing that the case was not a personal issue.

Attachments

• government ekpemupolo.jpg
    government ekpemupolo.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 55
Back