Sports 2014 World Cup: Super Eagles will "shake the world" in Brazil - NFF president

Maigari.JPG

President of the Nigeria Football Federation(NFF) Aminu Maigari is confident that the Super Eagles will “shake the world” at the 2014 World Cup.

Maigari believes that Nigeria will surprise many people at the tournament,adding that the team will be one to reckon with.

“I won’t specifically predict how far Nigeria will go at the World Cup but what I’m certain about is that the Eagles will do wonders,"Maigari said in Lagos.

“Nigeria will shake the world and I’m being optimistic that the Eagles will do what I can describe as a turn around to the favour of this continent.

“I think the team has improved tremendously and can hold their own against some of the best football nations. We’ve developed rapidly over the last two years,” he added.

The Super Eagles will be coming up against Argentina,Bosnia and Iran in the group stages of the World Cup.

Maigari further added that the federation will put together a string of friendly games to further prepare the team.

“We had a remarkable 2013 and we are doing all the best within our capacity to consolidate on last year’s performance.

“This year is going to be a much more eventful year because of the World Cup, therefore, we’ll also ensure that the Eagles play some top friendly matches,” he said.

Back