Politics 2015 Elections: I Went Into Coma After Receiving Jonathan’s Call – Buhari

M

mrsam

President Muhammadu Buhari has again commended the role played by immediate-past President Goodluck Jonathan in ensuring smooth transition of power in 2015.

He said he went into temporary coma on receiving Jonathan’s call in which he conceded defeat even before the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) officially declared the result.

Buhari made this known when some leaders of the All Progressives Congress (APC) paid him a courtesy call at the Presidential Villa in Abuja on Thursday.

buhari.JPG

He said, “The PVCs worked well in 2015. That was why when the former President rang me, I went temporarily into a coma. I will never forget the time. It was quarter after 5:00 p.m. and he said he called to congratulate me and that he has conceded defeat. He asked if I heard him and I said yes and I thanked him for his statesmanship.

“The truth is after being a deputy governor, a governor, Vice-president and President for six years, and he took that decision is great. He could have caused some problems. He had stayed long enough to cause problems.”

Back