Business 2015 Elections: Jonathan's Loss is Good for Nigeria's Economy - O'Neill

L

LequteMan

Jim O'Neill, former chairman of Goldman Sachs Asset Management, has stated that a loss by Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan in general elections next month may be viewed “positively” by foreign investors and probably won’t rattle markets.

Speaking in an interview in Abuja, O'Neill said Jonathan has presided over the sale of the nation’s mismanaged power utilities to private investors, and his economic policies in the last four years “could have been better,”

He added that the firing central bank Governor Lamido Sanusi last year, who brought “a lot of credibility” to the government, sent out a negative signal, he said.

“If he doesn’t get re-elected, and it’s because of Nigerian people wanting something different and something better, I think the markets would be happy with that,” said O’Neill.

“Foreign investors are pretty negative about Nigeria, so I don’t dismiss the possibility that if he lost people actually might react positively.”

click here to read Bloomberg's Report

#Bloomberg #Nigeria

Attachments

• oneil.jpg
    oneil.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 2,015
Last edited:
Nope but like it or not they will influence the outcome. Now that the APC have cemented the idea that they can only lose if the elections are rigged. That for me is the most telling idea doing the rounds.

ALL PARTIES IN NIGERIA RIG, HAVE ALWAYS DONE AND WILL CONTINUE TO DO SO.

He is speaking for the same group of people that cause the world economic crisis and that benefit from the downturn in the economy of countries. Somebody always wins!

Back