Politics 2015: North should Forget Presidency

A

abujagirl

upload_2013-9-9_8-45-43.png

Mal. Abdul-Azeez Suleiman, coordinator of Northern Emancipation Network, yesterday, advised the North to forget presidency in 2015.

According to Vanguard News, Suleiman who spoke with newsmen in Abuja, said “What we have today is a conscious North versus the Northern political elite. Before now, wherever the elite decided to go, the crowd followed them. But now, it is no longer the same”.

“By virtue of my position one as a journalist and coordinator of the Northern Emancipation Network, I really have the opportunity of meeting some of these players to discuss so many things and we agreed and disagreed. So, I am talking to you from the point of view of an insider”.

He noted that the North has held the office of the President longer than any other region since independence, but that ironically it remained the most backward because the Northerners who held the nation’s highest office, worked only for their allies and their children, leaving the bulk of the Northern populace in abject poverty and under-development.

“Those of us in the Northern Emancipation Network and our affiliates do not see the necessity of the north insisting on the presidency in 2015 or any time in the near future”, he concluded.

Back