Politics 2015: PDP Vows to Conquer Lagos

A

abujagirl

Over the weekend, the Lagos state chapter of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) launched a series of strategy sessions targeted at winning the governorship election in Lagos state come 2015.

At a seminar organised by the the Alimosho Local Government chapter of PDP, elders and chieftains of the party said they had all it takes to defeat the All Progressives Congress in Lagos. The elders pinpointed the disunity in PDP as the cause of their electoral losses.

According to PUNCH, speaing at the event which was tagged " Demystifying the power of incumbency", Capt. Tunji Shelle, Chairman PDP Lagos State Chapter said thee gathering had been called so that the PDP could weigh their options ahead of the 2015 elections.

Shele also said, " “PDP has been in Lagos since 1998 but we have not won the state. We are here to find the cause of the problem. We need to be focused and work together as a team. I believe APC is surmountable".

Former speaker of the Ogun State House of Assembly, Mrs. Titi Oseni who was also present at the event bemoaned the disunity in the PDP, urging memebers to embrace openness when picking a candidate for the 2015 elections.

Sen. Adeseye Ogunlewe, former Minister of Works, also stressed the need for unity in PDP, emphasizing the need of the party to reconcile with Bode George, former Deputy National Chairman of the party.

upload_2013-11-24_7-18-23.png

Lagos is an APC state. They have delivered two governors (technically, that I know of) who have delivered well, back-to-back (Tinubu and now, Fashola) - there is no honest way to wrest Lagos out of APC's hands...

I don't see PDP claiming Lagos back from APC in the next elections, crook or no crook.

Back