Metro 210 Persons, not 20 were Killed in Recent Borno Attack - Senator Insists

A

abujagirl

According to PUNCH, Zannah Ahmed, Senator representing Borno Central in the Senate said that 210 persons and not 8 or 20 persons were killed in the Borno dawn attack.

Click here to read initial story

Ahmed who blamed the Military for the attack said that the military post in Gamboru when it received a distress call from the people of Kala Balge avoided the town, claiming that it was not under its area of command. He also said that the insurgents wore army uniforms and spoke English; not Kanuri or Hausa which is believed to be the language of boko haram terrorists.

The terrorists attacked the towns in two armoured personnel cars and seven double cabin pickups

According to him, they attacked a Teachers College in Dikwa and killed seven people, burnt down the school library and administrative block. He claimed that Kala Balge was the worst hit, where 60 people were killed by the armed men who went on rampage killing everything in sight.

He said after they left Kala Balge, they went berserk and attacked three other towns in the area where a total of 150 persons were killed. Though he could not give exact names of two of the town at the time of filing the story last night, among the towns attacked was Gambulga.

Decrying the attack, Ahmed said,"It is a must for me to speak since peoples’ lives are involved and they are my people. All these are happening in my constituency and it will be wrong to keep quiet. I feel so much pained and would have not love to speak but definitely my conscience will not let me do that".

boko haram.jpg

Back