Politics 4 Nominees That Have Rejected Buhari's Offer and Their Reasons

P

ProfRem

Not less than four prominent Nigerians have turned down President Muhammadu Buhari's appointment and nomination since May 29, 2015.

Apart from the disappointment from the APC chieftains and governors over the inability of the Presidency to inform them about the nomination from their States, some of the nominees are unaware of the appointments as well.

Here are four Nigerians who have rejected President Buhari's offer:

1. Usman Bugaje He rejected President Buhari’s ambassadorial nomination, and he was convinced not to mention his decision to the media.

He said: “Regarding the published nomination for an ambassadorial posting, I have not spoken to the press and may not do so anytime soon.

“I thank those who think me fit for the job, but I have so much in my hands already, especially the Arewa Research and Development Project (ARDP), which is the only broad platform in the North driving development. I have weighed the options and have decided to remain home and continue the struggle for development and good governance.

Thank you for the concern, support and prayers”.

2. Dame Pauline Tallen is the former deputy governor of Plateau state. She is also a member of the All Progressives Congress (APC) board of trustees. She turned down the offer for nomination for ambassadorial appointment to attend to her ailing husband.

“It is a hard decision I had to take but I have to, because he is my primary responsibility,” she said.

BAppoint.jpe

3. Professor Akintunde Ibitayo Akinwande is a Nigerian American engineering professor at the electrical engineering and computer science department of Massachusetts institute of technology.

Professor Akinwande rejected an offer by the president to serve in the Nigeria Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC) as chairman.

NERC Chairman-designate, Prof. Akinwand has, however sad that he will honour Buhari's invitation to serve

Akinwande was said to have turned down the offer based on the alleged fact that he was not consulted before the nomination was made.

4. Najatu Muhammad

The federal government on Saturday, February 13, 2015, appointed Muhammad as the chairperson of the governing board of the Dutse federal university through a paid advertorial on a national daily. He rejected the offer by saying: “Sir, I Najatu Muhammad wishes (wish) to thank you so much for considering me worthy of being appointed the chairperson of Dutse Federal University.

“It’s however unfortunate that I was not consulted before the announcement in the media. I also regret that I have to use the same medium to announce that I can’t accept the appointment for personal reasons.”

Last edited by a moderator:
Back