Metro 7 Great Quotes of the Week

kemi

Social Member
You just might have missed out on some of the heavy utterances this week. From Fayose to Lai Muhammed, Bode George and President Buhari. Here are Seven of the greatest quotable quotes this week.

lai muhammed.jpg

1. Like Father, Unlike Son

“People say that I abuse Buhari, I am not abusing him because he is like my grandfather but I know the history.I am here to tell Nigerians that we are in the wrong direction because you cannot give what you don’t have. There is a time to retire because of the diminishing return on the functionality of the brain. At 75, my mother can do little.”

- Fayose said at an event organised by the Oyo State chapter of the Nigeria Union of Journalists to celebrate the World Press Freedom Day in Ibadan on Tuesday.

2. 21st Century Masquerading

“There’s a particular masquerade in the south east, it takes 100 people to dress him, another 100 people to undress him. If this masquerade is well-packaged, it can provide employment in one week for more than 1000 young men. These are some of the untapped potentials.”

- Lai Muhammed on current unemployment issue in Nigeria

3. Panama Saraki

“Saraki should humbly resign if he is not shameless. Some people mentioned in the Panama Papers scam have resigned. He should resign,"

- Bayo Orire, an APC Chieftain in Ekiti State told newsmen in Ado- Ekiti.

4. First Attack

“Chief Bode George told me personally that he wanted to be the national chairman of the party, I told him no, that I won’t support him. With all due respect to the elderly people in this party, they must take the backstage. People are tired of seeing the same old faces again,

- Fayose in an interview with PUNCH.

5. Counter Attack

“Fayose spoke very immaturely during the interview. For him to have said that the founding fathers of the party should take the backstage in the party’s affairs was very disgusting and self-deceitful. Fayose is an ingrate because when the world was against him during his first term in office, God used me to give him support. I contributed N250,000 to purchase his campaign clothes

- Chief Bode George reply to Governor Ayo Fayose

6. Budget of change

‘’It gives me great pleasure today to sign the first full-year budget of this administration into law. As I said in my New Year message, living in State House does not in any way alienate me from your daily struggles. I read the newspapers and listen to the TV and radio news. I hear your cries. I share your pains.’’

- President Muhammadu Buhari shortly after signing the 2016 budget into law.

7. Militancy back again?

“We want to pass this message to the all international oil companies operating in the Niger Delta that the Nigeria Military cant protect your facilities. They should talk to the federal government to meet our demands else more mishaps will befall their installations.’’

- Col. Madoch Agninibo, Leader of Nigeria Delta Avengers

Back