Politics Abba Moro Issues Apology to Nigerians for Immigration Test Deaths

A

abujagirl

Over the weekend, Nigeria's Minister of Interior, Comrade Abba Moro issued an apology to Nigerians for organizing a recruitment exercise that claimed the lives of several applicants.

"I want to say that the death of these Nigerians who would have added to the human resources asset of this country, is highly regrettable. And for the families, I insist that my heart goes out for them. I'm a father and I know what it feels to lose a child. If I have the capacity to turn the clock back, I would do it and these children could be alive today"

"For me, it's a personal loss because the exercise in the first place , took place within the Ministry of Interior, organised by the Ministry and its Services. So, whatever consequences that have come, and in this instance, negative, certainly, me as the Minister takes full responsibility," Moro added.

"It was an exercise that was coming from the background of the Services in the Ministry of Interior being accused of job racketeering, money for jobs. Instances of where people have been charged an upward of N500,000 and upward for a slot of job (were abound).

"I can say here without any fear of contradiction that I took due cognizance of the provisions of the legal framework of this country. We did as much as we could possibly do to follow all due process in the procurement of the mechanism for this exercise. If for any reason, something went wrong in some centres in the last lap of the exercise, I think we should be able to own up to it".

Begging not to be sacked or forced to resign, Moro added, "I believe that my presence would certainly assist in unraveling the circumstances that have led to the death of these Nigerians and to proffer solutions for it not to happen again.

abbas moro.jpg

Back