Politics Acting Taraba Governor 'Garba Umar' Swore an Oath to Suntai, He Cannot Contest Next Year's Election

A

abujagirl

Senator Emmanuel Bwacha, on Tuesday disclosed that the acting governor of Taraba state, Garba Umar cannot contest the 2015 gubernatorial elections in the state because he swore an oath to ailing Governor Danbaba Suntai that he would not run for office.

According to the Nation, an open letter written by Bwacha to Umar read, "I am compelled to write this letter because I owe it as a responsibility to provide leadership and light where darkness and confusion have taken over. There comes a time in the life of a man when silence is no longer considered golden".

"I opposed your becoming deputy governor from day one and now I’m more than vindicated. I warned Suntai, now see what we have. I’m aware you swore to Suntai about your ambition.

"You know this and your God knows, because Suntai actually expressed his reservations a day before he accepted you. You told him that you won’t pursue any personal ambition but see what you are doing: campaigning vigorously.

"Did you expect me to keep quiet when our people were ambushed and killed by insurgents who confessed that someone paid them to come and unleash hell in our area?. You expected me to chicken out when you told some of your minions in Jalingo that it was not herdsmen who were attacking the Tiv people but the Jukun dressed like Fulani".

"This, you had hoped would incite Tiv against Jukun. You don’t know that Jukun and Tiv are now united against any form of criminality?. It is better for a primary school leaver to be governor than allow you ruin Taraba. We won’t let that happen to our people".

Senator Bwacha represents Taraba South in the Nigerian Senate.

suntai n deputy.jpg

#taraba #garbaumar #tiv #danbabasuntai #EmmanuelBwacha

Back