Entertainment Actress Halima Abubakar: I Didn't contemplate Suicide Over a Man

Nollywood actress, Halima Abubakar has revealed that the fact that she actually wanted to commit suicide in 2013 does not mean that it had anything to do with the man in her life at that point in time.

The actress had earlier taken to her Instagram account to reveal how the fear of going to Hell Fire stopped her from going ahead with the suicide.

"I remember this time last year I wanted to kill myself, I am glad I did not because I know it is straight to hell. But I was suicidal, I am happy to be in a better place. God I adore you," she had said.

There have however been whispers in certain quarters that the depression she suffered in 2013 was man-related but in a recent interview, the actress declined giving details about what triggered her depression.

She said:

"Sorry I don’t want to share the experience, I have been talking about depression for a long time. I don’t want to have an interview. Thank you all for your support, I truly appreciate it. None of the people that I know personally has commented. It shows how fake their friendship is. Thank God I made this post, God bless you all,” She wrote on her social media account.

#HalimaAbubakar

Halima Abubakar.JPG

Back