Politics Africa’s Richest Woman Denies Plans to Contest in Lagos Gubernatorial Elections

A

abujagirl

Folorunsho Alakija, Africa's richest woman has countered rumors claiming she intends to contest in the Lagos Gubernatorial elections come 2015. Her posters were seen at the Lagos State Government Secretariat, Alausa on Thursday.

A statement issued on her behalf read, "It has come to my notice, that there are posters and fliers being circulated in Ikorodu and other parts of Lagos State announcing me as a Governorship aspirant.

"This is not true and I hereby confirm that I have no such intentions. Therefore, I disassociate myself from any persons or group of persons, posters or fliers in circulation about me contesting for governorship.

"I have been paying attention to my calling from God to look after widows and orphans through The Rose of Sharon Foundation and I am also in service most importantly to God’s work as a Minister of his Word through His Ministry committed to us as the Rose of Sharon Glorious Ministry International.

"God has not called me into politics and I have never been involved in politics. Please ignore whatever you may have read purportedly portraying me as a governorship aspirant.

In 2013, Forbes named Alakija as the richest black woman on earth as she defeated the television show-host and actress, Oprah Winfrey.

Alakija_0.jpg

Back