Politics Ailing Taraba Governor “Danbaba Suntai” Finally Speaks

A

abujagirl

upload_2013-8-29_4-33-59.png

Just when Taraba people had concluded that Governor Danbaba Suntai was totally incapacitated, the Governor finally addressed the people on Wednesday through a brief video shown on the state-owned television station in Jalingo.

According to The Punch, before the video was broadcast, Suntai met with the lawmakers and inaugurated the newly appointed Secretary to the State Government, Timothy Kataps, as well as the Chief of Staff, Mallam Aminu Jika.

The governor, who is recuperating from injuries he sustained last October when a small aircraft he flew crashed, had earlier dissolved the state Executive Council, leaving only his special assistants.

In the address, Suntai commended the people of the state for their prayers and for standing by him in his moment of trial.

“I thank the people of Taraba State for standing by me and my family. I also thank the commissioners for holding the fort while I was away. Also enjoin all of you to continue to live in peace,” he said.

Suntai, who wore a sky blue suit and a stripe shirt, also congratulated the people on the 22nd anniversary of the state which was on August 27.

Told ya. The guy has just put every doubt to rest.
I just hope the surgery hasn't affected him in any way. :D

Back