Politics Akeredolu - I Won't Receive Any Salary Until All Ondo Workers Have Been Paid

A

abujagirl

Ondo State Governor, Rotimi Akeredolu, will not be receiving his salary until all workers in the state have been paid their salary arrears.

Rotimi akeredolu.jpg

The Governor made the promise on Sunday at the third session of the 11th Synod of Diocese of Akoko, Church of Nigeria (Anglican Communion) where he was represented by the Government House Chaplain Venerable Benjamin Babalola; PUNCH reports.

He said, ''By the special grace of God, our administration will soon offset the salaries owed the workers. The salary arrears owed workers by the previous administration amounted to N38.57bn, while N41.5bn was owed to retirees as gratuities.

“And to the workers, let me say it loud and clear once again that I am resolute in my commitment to make your welfare the priority of the administration.

“I am aware of your pains and agony. I feel your pains and what you are going through and I can see your suffering. But faith in God, I am re-affirming my promise that I will not collect a dime until civil servants are fully paid their salary arrears.''

Back