Akinwumi Ambode - Is He APC Candidate For Lagos State?

Temitope

Temitope Akinola
APC is set to choose their candidate for the 2015 gubernatorial election in Lagos State on November 15, 2014. Akinwumi Ambode who is a former Lagos State Accountant-General has stepped out to declare his intention to secure the APC gubernatorial ticket for 2015 election in Lagos State.

Is Ambode the candidate to beat in the Lagos State APC gubernatorial primaries?

ambode.JPG

[USERGROUP=4][USERGROUP=4][USERGROUP=4]@Senior Curators[/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP] [USERGROUP=2][USERGROUP=2][USERGROUP=2]@Personal account[/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP]

Jimi Agbaje of the Peoples Democratic Party is a better candidate..... ask me why

@Temitope Agbaje has excellent grass-root support. With him people will be voting for the candidate not the political party. Plus i believe Agbaje is one man that can weaken Bola Tinubu's political grasp on Lagos state.

@Jules... is Jimi Agbaje as strong as weakening Tinubu in Lagos?
@Lequte... are you trying to say that Lagosians can't discern the right candidate for themselves and just follow an anointed candidate sheepishly?

Lagos'll most probably vote for the APC. There'll be riots if any other party wins. Bola Tinubu and Fashola are bigwigs in SouthWestern APC. Whoever they give the OK stamp will emerge as the party's candidate, and eventually win Lagos next year.

Lagosians can only make a choice at the polls, and believe me, they prefer the APC to the PDP.

@Lequte Fashola doesn't even have a say. I believe Jimi Agbaje can unify voters from different political platforms. Study the way Nigerians voted in Anambra, Ekiti and Osun....it's no longer about the party but the candidate. As for Tinubu, the man is still a strong force but no political dynasty lasts forever...

@Jules Maybe 8 years ago he doesn't. Now he does. Jimi Agbaje has been trying to win Lagos for a long time, he hasn't. If Fashola and Tinubu agrees on a candidate, and drum his goodness and praises very high, exaggerate his qualities and good deeds, then he's good to go.

More than half of the people believes Fashola did well as governor and will endorse anyone he puts his stamp on- if that person is a lil bit famous as a good person.

Tinubu's dynasty might not last forever, but currently he still holds more than 50% of the stakes

Back