Politics Ali Ndume - I Won't Apologise To Nigerian Senate

A

abujagirl

Senator Ali Ndume said he will not be apologising to get suspension overturned.

Ali ndume2.jpg

Ndume told newsmen on Sunday that there was no reason to ask him to apologise since he did nothing to warrant a suspension; THE CABLE reports.

“The move for apology was made but I did not do any thing to warrant an apology. I have no problem with apology but you have to apologise for something you did,” he said.

“The issues I raised were put to rest after I raised them. The issue of importation of car was put to rest. The certificate issue was also put to rest. It was because I raised the issues. Perhaps if I did not raise them, the issues may have lingered.

“I did not do any thing so there is no basis for me to tender any apology. The whole thing will come and go. It will pass away. It is part of the challenge a politician go through,” he said.

“My challenge in the senate now is temporary. It should not stop me from doing what I have been doing for my constituents. It is very temporary.''

“I take my suspension in good faith. It will pass away. I am lucky to be in the Senate. Right now I am going through industrial attachment because one day I will leave the Senate. I don’t expect to die in the Senate,'' Ndume added.

Back