Business Aliko Dangote Speaks: The Best Way to Pull Nigeria Out of Recession

L

LequteMan

Africa's richest man, Aliko Dangote, has suggested that selling of assets is a better way for the Nigerian government to boost the country's recession-hit economy.

"I think the real challenge for us is now for us to have the political will in terms of selling some assets," he said on Friday according to CNBC Africa.

"I think it's an easier route than the IMF (International Monetary Fund)or the World Bank to borrow money, because what you need to do is actually to beef up the reserves," he said.

"If I had challenges in my company, I would not hesitate to sell assets, to remain afloat, to get to the better times, because it doesn't make any sense for me to keep any assets and then suffocate the whole organization," he added.

Attachments

• aliko dangote.jpg
    aliko dangote.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 14
Last edited by a moderator:
Selling the assets to who? What rubbish. You want to sell the assets to the same people that destroyed the country? Obj sold assets...what was done with them.

Our crony capitalist says the government should sell off its assets... :) Nigeria - made by Dangote.

Dangote get 'interest free' loan from the Nigerian Bank and acquire everything Nigerian assets.

Still the Business magnate will operate on a tax holiday :(

Selling the assets to who? What rubbish. You want to sell the assets to the same people that destroyed the country? Obj sold assets...what was done with them.

Our crony capitalist says the government should sell off its assets... :) Nigeria - made by Dangote.

Dangote get 'interest free' loan from the Nigerian Bank and acquire everything Nigerian assets.

Still the Business magnate will operate on a tax holiday :(

Would your reaction be the same if this "solution" was suggested by another person, say B. Rewane?

Dangote clearly, or most probably, spoke with a clear motive, but don't you think his suggestion is adroit?

Note: here, I'm thinking assets = bad assets = like dilapidated unused office buildings etc

Aliko the owner of all things Nigerian - we should all buy Made By Dangote goods :)

LoL. This is funny.

On FB, people said Dangote Group is a conglomerate owned by a corporation of ex Nigerian military bigwigs. Aliko is just a figurehead, they say.

Would your reaction be the same if this "solution" was suggested by another person, say B. Rewane?

Dangote clearly, or most probably, spoke with a clear motive, but don't you think his suggestion is adroit?

Note: here, I'm thinking assets = bad assets = like dilapidated unused office buildings etc

Anybody can suggest but the premise of that suggestion must be checked. Of what benefit willl the sale of properties, does that means we will sell ourselves when the asset sales fail to cater for the economic woes just as the recovered loots...

Anybody can suggest but the premise of that suggestion must be checked. Of what benefit willl the sale of properties, does that means we will sell ourselves when the asset sales fail to cater for the economic woes just as the recovered loots...

Er... so you disagree?

Back