Politics Amaechi: Patience Jonathan Returned To Nigeria to Pull Off One Final Heist With INEC

Vunderkind

Social Member
Mr. Rotimi Amaechi, the governor of Rivers state has stated that Dame Patience Jonathan is currently pressuring the INEC officials and security agencies to rig the governorship election in the state.

Observing that she had returned to her hometown in Okrika, the governor said he hopes there won't be a repeat of the malpractice that allegedly marred Rivers during the presidential election.

He said: "...what happened on the March 28, 2015 may or may not repeat itself. Few days ago, I had said it would not repeat itself. But as of this morning, there are enormous pressure on the security by the wife of the President.

“There is also enormous pressure on INEC by the wife of the President. I hope that they will not repeat the hijacking of results. In most of the local government areas, if not all, there were no result sheets. This time around, I hope they will bring the result sheets to the different units. I hope they will not forget the result sheets at the collation centre.

“For me as the Governor of Rivers State, what is material to me is that we want to see the result sheets. We want to ensure that as we vote, our votes will count. Most of you have been asking this question: who will take over from me? I told you that we don’t want anybody to force a candidate on us.

“We don’t want people to be made governor because they want to share our resources. That is not what we want. We want to be allowed to vote and let our votes be counted. Let the wife of the President stay in her house. She should not force a candidate on us.

“They should tell her that security agencies have assured us that they will allow votes to count. I assure you that the security agencies will not be biased and I hope that the security agencies will keep to that. I hope that the woman posted here as the Resident Electoral Commission will know that her responsibility is not to disallow anybody from seeing the result sheets.”

Source: #PUNCH

rotimi amaechi.jpg

Back