Politics Ambode Bans Street Hawking, Buyers And Sellers To Be Jailed For 6 Months

P

ProfRem

The Lagos State Governor, Akinwumi Ambode has announced that the laws on Street Trading in Lagos State will be strictly enforced from today, July 1, 2016..

Ambode said this while on Television continental, TVC. Lagos this morning.

amboGala.jpg

The governor said both Seller and Buyer are equally guilty and the penalty is N90,000 or 6 months imprisonment or both.

The Governor, while sympathising with the family of a street hawker who was knocked down by an articulated truck while trying to evade arrest from officials of Kick Against Indiscipline along Maryland Bus stop on Wednesday, regretted that the situation led to the destruction of public assets.

“It is not in our DNA to allow someone to just die by road accident or the way it happened in respect of the incident. But beyond the fact that we lost one person while crossing the road as a result of evading arrest by KAI officials, I need to tell Lagosians that over 49 buses were actually destroyed and it is costing us like almost N139m to put those buses back on the road,” he said.

Consequently, Governor Ambode said the State Executive Council has resolved to enforce the Law, which according to him makes both the hawker and the buyer liable of the offence.

Last edited by a moderator:
I swear Nigeria is a bad country. Most companies are sackingpeople. Now u said pple shouldn't hawk again. What dd he expect them to do?? To sit at home?? I swear socail crimes will increase

Back