Politics Anambra 2013: APGA Candidate Unveils “10 Pillars Development Blueprint''

L

LequteMan

OBIONA.jpg

Chief Willie Obiano, the candidate of the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) in the forthcoming Anambra gubernational elections on Friday has unveiled his “10 pillars development blueprint'' for rapid advancement of the state.

Speaking at a news conference in Awka, Obiano said he was motivated to offer his years of experience in the management human and material resources for the service of his people.

“I realised that unless people like me with sound educational background and years of experience in managing human and natural resources step up to serve, Obi’s great example and legacy will die an abrupt death.

“Only a competent technocrat with a deep knowledge of the intricacies of modern management a vast external exposure and contacts with donor agencies can sustain Anambra’s present development model,’’ he said.

He said politics was too serious to be left in the hands of people “who are ill-prepared for purposeful leadership’’.

“I am passionate, committed and driven by a profound desire to serve the Anambra people to my utmost ability.

“My blueprint, which I call the 10-pillars of development, is a comprehensive master-plan that draws heavily from the current achievements of the party in the state’’, Obiano added.

He said that a precursor to his blueprint was the 4Cs paradigm which emphasised the need to continue the projects of the current administration, complete them, inaugurate them and commence a fresh set of programmes that will uplift the state.

Obiano said at the heart of his blueprint were four major areas, comprising industrialisation, trade and commerce, agriculture as well as oil and gas.

“All these are firmly rooted in my vision and mission statements. My vision is for Anambra to become the first choice destination for investment and the hub for industrialisation and commercial activities.

“My mission is to create a socially stable, business friendly environment that will attract both indigenes and foreigners to seek wealth and create opportunities in Anambra.”

Back