Politics Anambra Governorship Elections: Traders Endorse Ngige

A

abujagirl

upload_2013-10-6_8-45-42.png

Ahead of the November 16 governorship elections in Anambra, representatives of the 26 market associations in the State under the aegis of Anambra State Markets Amalgamated Traders Association (ASMATA), have thrown their weight behind the candidature of Senator Chris Ngige of the All Progressive Congress, insisting that he is the only one that can make Anambra State stable, developed and safe.

According to DAILY TIMES, ASMATA paid a solidarity visit to the campaign office of Senator Ngige, where they pledged their support to the Senator's ambition to return back as Governor Anambra State.

In Response, Ngige said, “Your visit to me today is a clear indication that the people of Anambra are not ingrates, that you do not forget one's good actions. I remember that in my first stint as governor I did a lot for the markets and we achieved so much together, we built the necessary infrastructure, provided security, acceded to every of your welfare demands and ensured that you were neither harassed nor threatened in the carrying out of your day to day activities.

“Let me assure you that I will do more if voted in to office come November 16, 2013. I will ensure that the basic needs of the trader in Anambra will be met by my administration, we will take a look at the system of levies and where necessary we will revisit".

Back