Politics Anambra Governorship Elections: Uba, Nwoye Emerge PDP candidates

A

abujagirl

NWOYE-ANDY-UBA.jpg

Nwoye and Uba
Last Saturday, the Anambra State chapter of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Saturday held parallel state congresses in Awka, the state capital, to select a candidate ahead of the November 16 governorship election in the state.

Senator Andy Uba emerged winner at the primaries which was held at Emmaus House in Awka by the Chief EjikeOguebego led faction of the party. The results showed that Senator Andy Uba got 645, Emma Anosike polled 110, Mike Okoye, 22, Patrick Ugboma 89, Chief Ugochukwu Okeke 20, Tony Nwoye, 1, Jery Ugokwe, 86, Josephine Aneni, 3, Walter Okeke, 2 and Dr. Alex Obiogbolu, 17.

Mr. Tony Nwoye , emerged winner at the primaries which was held at Women Development Centre in Awka by the Prince Ken Emeakayi led faction of the Party. Mr. Tony Nwoye won with 498 votes to beat his closest rival, Prince Nicholas Ukachukwu who scored 357 votes.

Wait. What? I just read something like this here, but this is GOLD. What should I make of this? That APC members are working at opposing ends for the same goals? Or that one faction is unaware of what the other is doing, thereby implying a two-headed party, like cerberus? Whatever the outcome, this recent development tickles me immensely.

2015 is going to be fun.

Back