Anichebe in high spirits for the new season

C

Chris Maduewesi

Nigerian international,Victor Anichebe is relishing the new challenge at his club,Everton as the new English Premier League season starts on Saturday.
Anichebe was one of the stand-out performers for Everton,having a regular run-in last season with the Toffees,that saw him getting a starting role ahead of Nikica Jelavic.
But with the arrival of a new manager,Roberto Martinez and also the purchase of Aruna Kone,Anichebe will have to put in extra shifts to still be in the team.
“I am always excited and you know it is going to be a good season,” Anichebe told EvertonTV.
“A lot of teams have strengthened and you know the Premier League is always difficult and I am not going to expect anything different this year.
“But we have got a new manager, new players so you know the Premeir League is always going to be exciting and I am sure the fans are looking forward to it too.”
And Anichebe is already looking forward to the clash against Norwich City on Saturday.
“It will be difficult. I missed the game last year in Norwich, which we lost 2-1 but any game in the Premier League these days is difficult so we need to approach this as we always approach games really professionally.”
“Chris Houghton has gone in and done a good job and they have a good support but we are also a very good team,” Anichebe added.

Continue reading...

Back