Sports Antonio Conte resigns as Juventus coach

Conte.jpg
Antonio Conte on Tuesday evening left his post as manager of Serie A club side,Juventus.

Conte who has led Juventus to back to back Serie A titles had his contract terminated in what is believed to be by mutual consent.

Speaking to the club's website on Tuesday, Conte said: "I have decided to terminate my contract with Juventus.

"I have matured with time and my feelings led me to make this choice. It may be more difficult to keep winning with Juventus.

"An enormous thank you for what you have given to me as a player and as a coach. I have always been close to you. I want to say that the journey taken in recent years has been historic."

Chairman of the club Andrea Agnelli wrote on the club's website: "Dear Antonio, you have been a great leader and this news saddens me greatly.

"Three years together have led us to write history with three consecutive titles and two Italian cups.

"You have given a group of highly talented professionals who will be at the disposal of the new coach to continue writing the future.

"You are in the history of the Bianconeri colours and whatever choice you make, a Juventus victory will always make you smile. Antonio, thank you for everything. Til the end."

Some reports are being bandied that Conte is not happy of Juve's intentions to sell either Arturo Vidal or Paul Pogba who have both been linked with big money moves out of the club.

There are also talks that Conte could replace Cesare Prandelli as the new Italy coach.

Photo Conte: Wikipedia

Back