Sports Antonio Conte's Comments After Chelsea's Humiliating Defeat by Man City

L

LequteMan

The Premier League defending champions, Chelsea, on Saturday lost their second game of the season at the Stamford Bridge in a scintillating tie against Manchester City.

The champions defended for most of the match, with Morata causing trouble for the City defence until he was subbed off early in the first half.

Manchester City went forward when Kevin de Bruyne shoot the ball into the top right corner after Silva's shot was blocked.

Chelsea mounted a late attack but could not get a goal.

Speaking after the game, Chelsea Manager, Antonio Conte said:

"It was a tough game but we know very well that Manchester City are a big team and it's very difficult to play this type of game.

"I think that we gave everything today and I am happy with the commitment and desire from all my players. They had the will to fight against a very strong team.

"In this type of game you need time to recover, if you are tired it is not simple to go box to box. Today we created chances but we didn't take them. Manchester City had chances and they took them.

"It is logical when you play three games in seven days you risk something. I hope it is not a serious injury for Morata. It is his hamstring but we don't know if it is a serious problem.

"We move on, we rest and I am very proud to be the coach of these players."

Manchester City Manager, Pep Guardiola, on his part, said:

"There are no words to describe what Chelsea are and what they did last season.

"It is important to win and especially with the way we played. In the first half we didn't find the right position but in the second we were better. A big congratulations for the victory.

"Chelsea want to play and they are so so dangerous in attack but we kept the ball and when they had it we pressed as high as possible.

"Everyone is talking about Kevin de Bruyne. He makes absolutely everythin. He is the most humble guy, I am so happy for him because I know how happy he is.

Attachments

• antonio conte2.jpg
    antonio conte2.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 12
Lol @Samguine your team is filled with boys!!!! Common 3 games in a week:):) they are tired. Even with mancity loss of aguero, 2 days before, mendy and kompanys absence, you can't still beat them.

Mancity totally outplayed you guys. Well deserved victory.

On a side note- did you see hazards shade @ sterling

Lol @Samguine your team is filled with boys!!!! Common 3 games in a week:):) they are tired. Even with mancity loss of aguero, 2 days before, mendy and kompanys absence, you can't still beat them.

Mancity totally outplayed you guys. Well deserved victory.

On a side note- did you see hazards shade @ sterling
The thing pain me no be small. Conte got his tactics wrong, honestly. But we move..Good that we are playing our hard games early in the season

Hazard is a madt man :D

Back