Politics APC Chairman, Oyegun Goes On 10-Day Leave, Hands Over to Deputy

P

ProfRem

The national chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), John Oyegun on Friday confirmed that he would be embarking on a 10-day vacation beginning from February 29, to get some rest. ‎

Oyegun told journalists in Abuja that in his absence,‎ Segun Oni, APC deputy national chairman (South), would cover his duties which will be 10 working days. ‎

“I have been APC national chairman for how long now? Going to two years, and it has been a very intense period building the party and a very intense period putting government together up to this point. All that has happened is that I think I deserve a bit of a break and that will start effective Monday,” he said.

johnoyegunseguboni.JPG

“On Tuesday, I was down with malaria, I managed on Wednesday to attend that crucial meeting at the presidency, yesterday (Thursday). I had to go to the hospital just to be sure and today I am at work, full stop. So please, please, please I know the press is supposed to be imaginative and steer the news but not when there is really nothing to steer. It is that simple.”

Back