Politics APC Recognises the Legitimacy of the PDP- Oshiomhole

A

abujagirl

Governor Adams Oshiomhole of Edo state on Monday said that the All Progressives Congress (APC) and the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) were not at war.

Oshiomhole, who said this in Benin during the state congress of the APC, said the two political parties only differed on ideas about how to move the nation forward.

The governor said that in spite of the differences in ideologies, the two parties were united in making the nation better.

Oshiomhole said that he was a thorough democrat, who understood the principle of multi-party democracy.

"APC is not at war with the PDP. APC recognises the legitimacy of the PDP. We are only here to contest the basis and ideas but we are all united in sharing the commitment to build a great nation.

"We may not agree on the best way to do it, which is why we are building an alternative party,’’ the governor said.

He said the APC as a party was poised to change the usual ways politicians do things to an unusual way.

Oshiomhole, however, said those who were not prepared for the change would not be tied down. He said the imminent change is that politicians must put the interest of the people first.

"We want to change to a position where only those who are truly elected by the people shall have the opportunity to govern. In all, we are changing the usual way of doing politics to an unusual way where the people and only the people reign supreme.''

The governor said this was the reason behind the recent movement of those who could not adapt to the changes in the party in Edo.

"They asked me to unilaterally make them the next governor of Edo and I said no. Some said I should make them party chairmen because they have been chairmen before. Some said they wanted to be women leader even when the women do not recognise them.

"Those who insisted that they must move if they can’t get what they want, we have assisted them to move on,’’ he said.

oshiomhole.jpg

#AdamsOshiomhole #PDP #APC #Edo #AllProgressivesCongress #peoplesdemocraticparty

Back