Politics APC to Amend Party Constitution Before National Conference

A

abujagirl

The All Progressives Congress (APC) on Friday met in Abuja to kick-start the process of amending its constitution ahead of its national convention on Oct. 29.

The party’s National Publicity Secretary, Mr Lai Mohammed, said this while addressing journalists on the outcome of the National Executive Council (NEC) meeting held at the party's secretariat.

According to Mohammed, there is the need to get the NEC approval for the convention.

He said, "principally, we proposed certain amendment to the constitution of the party that will allow the party to function much more efficiently.

"To that extent, we will hold what I call an extraordinary convention of the party on the 29th of this month in Abuja. This is to submit the proposals of the amendment to the national convention of the party,” he said.

Mohammed assured that the time table for the already published guidelines for primaries had not changed.

Reacting to reports that the APC members were the main campaigners in the #bringbackourgirls campaign, Mohammed said the party exco was not aware of that.

He, however, said it was not impossible for party members to sympathise with any group.

"Make no mistake that we in the APC believe strongly as a party that Mr President owes this nation a duty to secure our lives and property. As long as those girls are missing, we as individuals or as a party will continue to demand that Mr President does everything to make sure that they are released.

"I commend those who have been part of the campaign for the last six months and if any member of APC is a member of that group, we commend them.''

He denied allegations that the party had evidence that the president was keeping a secret about the kidnapped Chibok girls.

"I never said in our press conference that we have evidence that Mr President is keeping a secret from us. But we have cited three instances that Mr President needs to come out and explain to Nigerians.''

#APC #Chibok

APC.jpg

Back