Politics APGA leadership tussle: I am still in-charge in Anambra, says Kwentoh

curator

Administrator
A factional Chairman the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) in Anambra, Chief Mike Kwentoh, has said that he was still in-charge of the party in the state.

Reacting to the leadership tussle in the party, Kwentoh told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Awka on Friday he he was still the authentic occupant of the party's secretariat in Awka in line with the judgement of a superior court.

"I am still very much in-charge here in Anambra. I understand some people are parading themselves, holding meetings in hotels but I and my team hold our meetings in the party secretariat. We have the judgement of a superior court which is higher, we are law abiding and that is why the last time they asked us to vacate office, we obeyed until they asked us to come back,’’ he said.

Also reacting, Chief Egwuoyibo Okoye, who was replaced in another with Mr Shedrack Anakwe as the state chairman, said he did not contend the development in court.

Okoye said that even though he was supposed to benefit from any judgement concerning the April 8, 2013 APGA convention, he would sacrifice whatever that would be in the best interest in the state.

"I am not power hungry so if they decide to appoint somebody else as chairman well and good. I will not contest anything in court and as a successful legal practitioner, I will go back to my practice," he said.

APGA.jpg

Back