App Business is No Joke: Google May Reap $17 Billion from its App Store Alone by 2017

Vunderkind

Social Member
google-play-logo.jpg
Android users may not know this singular fact, but the Google App store stocks considerably less expensive apps than its Apple counterpart. With that said, Mark May of CityGroup has predicted that Google will make $1.3 billion this year from its app store. Kinda makes you wonder how much Apple’s app store will be taking home, eh?

According to the results from their ‘research’, Google is believed to have more than 900 million android phones all around the world, and it is estimated that the average android phone owners has spent about $4.59 on apps.

Crunch up some numbers and you have total revenue of $4.2 billion. Google isn’t taking the whole cash, unfortunately, since it has a 30% share agreement with the app developers, which means Google gets $1.3 billion. Sweet, right? I almost want to open my own app store…oh, wait. I have to own a leading Smartphone operating system first. Busted.

Mark May, ever the genius, has estimated that in about four years, Google Play will have made a minimum of $17 billion, with Google raking in %5.2 billion from that figure.

If we factor in revenue from mobile advertising, the figure jumps higher to $7 billion by 2017.

Who else wants to be on Google’s payroll?

Back