Metro Arms Deal: EFCC Afraid of Interrogating Emir Sanusi

P

ProfRem

As investigation into the looting of funds meant for the acquisition of arms for the Nigerian armed forces continues, operatives of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, are in a dilemma over what to do with the former Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN, Governor, Sanusi Lamido Sanusi.

Sanusi, who was removed from the bank by former President Goodluck Jonathan for accusing the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC, of not remitting $20 billion of oil proceeds into the national treasury, later become the Emir of Kano, an influential traditional and religious post that carried more weight in the northern part of Nigeria than the CBN.

em.jpe

The operatives are keen on interrogating the emir on the numerous disbursement of funds to the office of the fo rmer National Security Adviser, Col. Sambo Dasuki (retd), who is being tried for money laundering, breach of public trust and diversion of public funds.

Findings by Vanguard, however, showed, weekend, that the operatives were in a fix on what to do in order to get the revered traditional and religious ruler to speak to them on what he knows about the huge sums of money taken away from the nation’s apex bank under the guise of security.

- Vanguard

Sanusi the Sacred Cow! EFCC that claims to be fighting corruption doesnt want to offend anybody by inviting sanusi instead they want to go and interview him,why didnt they interview the others instead of this public show to make them look guilty even before they are proven so by a competent court. EFCC should do their job without excuses, well some people are above the Law

Quote from Henry Kissinger the former American National Security Advisor - America has no permanent friends or enemies, only interests. Now you can take out the word America and replace it with any other body, institution or individuals you know. The EFCC has always been a tool otherwise all politicians, from all Geo-political zone will be in jail by now.... probably most private sector businessmen as well. I might even be in jail :) This is Nigeria, the empty barrel that makes the most noise wins the day every time. So let us make some noise!

Quote from Henry Kissinger the former American National Security Advisor - America has no permanent friends or enemies, only interests. Now you can take out the word America and replace it with any other body, institution or individuals you know. The EFCC has always been a tool otherwise all politicians, from all Geo-political zone will be in jail by now.... probably most private sector businessmen as well. I might even be in jail :) This is Nigeria, the empty barrel that makes the most noise wins the day every time. So let us make some noise!
lol @let us make noise. Noisemaking is distracting Nigerians from the real issues we are facing presently. Fuel scarcity has been on for 1 month now and nobody is saying anything about it, Lai Mohammed is either talking about Dasuki or blaming GEJ rather than sharing FGs plan, Dollar rate is so high now, food price is another wahala sef - the cost of food is the highest I have seen in years - Only God knows the grammar I would speak to my wife this xmas
If any1 has stolen, they should face the music, the EFCC and co should stop trial on newspapers - Deziani, Saraki, and now Dasuki.
Corruption is the only thing see now on papers.

Back