Sports Arsenal 2-1 Chelsea: What Antonio Conte Said After Losing to Wenger Again

L

LequteMan

On Wednesday evening Arsenal defeated Antonio Conte's Chelsea by 2 goals to 1 to reach the finals of the Carabao Cup.

After a goalless first leg, Eden Hazard put Chelsea ahead before an own goal from Antonio Rudiger levelled it, and Granit Xhaka's winner took Arsenal to Wembley.

It was the second time Chelsea boss Antonio Conte would lose an important cup game to Arsenal in months.

Speaking afterward, Conte said:

"My thoughts are there is disappointment for the final result.

"My players must be pleased with their effort, we tried to reach the final, we conceded two goals and we were unlucky, two deflections.

"It is a pity because we had a good run in this competition, it is a pity for me, the players and fans. We started very well, played a good first half and in the second half I saw a lot of balance.

"When there is an injury to one of your best players it is not simple, especially when on the bench the only substitute is Ross Barkley.

"Barkley has a lot of space for improvement, he is working with us only two weeks but for sure today I was forced to make this substitution, but he can improve a lot."

Attachments

• antonio conte3.jpg
    antonio conte3.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 20
Back