Sports Arsenal 2 -2 Man City: Arsene Wenger, Pep Guardiola's Post Match Comments

L

LequteMan

Arsenal played an interesting four-goal thriller against Manchester City at the Emirates stadium on Sunday evening.

The visitors went in front when Sane rounded Ospina to slot in. Arsenal piled on pressure and equalized when Walcott bundled home.

The visitors then went in front a few minutes later as Sergio Aguero's shot went past Ospina. Arsenal snatched a draw in the second half when Mustafi head in from an Ozil corner.

Arsenal remain in 6th position with 51 points while Manchester City fall to 4th, having 58 points. Arsenal have two games on hand and will play West Ham on Wednesday while Man City have one outstanding game and will face leaders Chelsea in the middle of next week.

Speaking after the game, Arsenal Manager Arsene Wenger said:
"We were nervous and surprised by their start. I feared that we could start with the handbrake on because of the pressure we are under.

"We were not completely at our best because of the pressure but we showed mental strength and did not lie down. Mathematically a draw is not the best solution for both teams but it is a point which will help us."

"You could see that the players were down after it went to 2-1 but they gave everything to come back. The draw is the least we needed today. Psychologically it was important not to lose.

"Koscielny has an Achilles injury, I don't know how long he will be out for.

"We are in a tough battle for the top four. I am professional and I have shown great loyalty in the past. I love this club, I don't know how long I will be here, I am clear in my head, that's the most important thing. The decision will be soon."

Speaking to Sky Sports, he said: "We started very nervously. We had a refusal to lose the game, we were ready for a fight.

"It was a strong performance on the mental front. Technically we can do better.

"The test was mental. We had to come back after half-time and we got a point after a time that has been so stressful for us."

On his part, Manchester City Boss Pep Guardiola said:

"They were better in the second half, but it's OK, time to improve.

"We didn't play in the first half, after the goal we forgot to play, the desire went. In the second half we played more. We suffered a lot in the first half because we did not make those passes together.

On playing Jesus Navas at right-back: "I want to congratulate Jesus Navas who was excellent against one of the best players in the world in Alexis Sanchez.

"I played him because Bacary Sagna was injured and Pablo Zabaleta were not ready and Jesus always deserves the best because he is an excellent guy and I was so happy with him."

"I know this referee because we have had him before but I don't want to discuss the penalty.

On facing Chelsea on Wednesday: "We play against a team who is stable in what they do. We don't have too much time to prepare but we go back to Manchester now and recover and then come back to London."

Attachments

• Pep-Guardiola-629021.jpg
    Pep-Guardiola-629021.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 10
Back