Arsene Wenger is a nice guy – Jose Mourinho

C

Chris Maduewesi

Chelsea manager,Jose Mourinho,has uncharacteristically said that Arsenal manager,Arsene Wenger is ‘a nice guy’ adding that he respects what he has been able to do with the Gunners.
Both coaches have a history between them,dating back to Mourinho’s first stint at Chelsea,with both of them attacking each other verbally,mainly because of Chelsea’s illegal tapping of Ashley Cole for a transfer.
But Mourinho revealed that they mended their fractured relationship,after he left Chelsea in 2007 and they met on a couple of events.
“I started meeting him in UEFA, at the Euros (European Championships), the World Cup, we had dinner and so on,” Mourinho said.
“And when you are not in the same league and when you are not playing against each other, it is easier to know people, it is easier to go deeper. It is easy to speak about football, he’s a very nice guy.”
“I respect him a lot and I will show my respect always. (In) football sometimes even if you are friends and respect each other, you say something the other doesn’t like and you react.”
“But at the end of the day I respect him a lot and I have the feeling that he is the same in relation to me. I wouldn’t bet on one single problem between us.”
Will they not have a go at each other again,in the Premiership?

Continue reading...

Back