Sports Arsene Wenger's Happy Comments After Arsenal's Narrow win Against Southampton

L

LequteMan

London Premier League side, Arsenal FC, almost failed to gain maximum points on Saturday when they faced Southampton at the Emirate stadium.

The visitors went ahead after keeper Petr Cech put the ball in his own net before Koscielny drew Arsenal level. It seemed the match would end in a draw until Arsenal was awarded a controversial penalty during second half's extra time when Giroud was brought down in the 18 yard box.

Carzola stepped up and sent the keeper the wrong way to ensure the Gooners secured maximum points.

Speaking after the game, a happy and buoyant Arsene Wenger said:

"It is a relief, because we missed many chances and they had one or two opportunities having thrown everything forward.

"Honestly, everyone is telling me it was a penalty, but I've not yet seen it again.

"There was a long delay before Santi Cazorla took the penalty - he did very well to score because he felt a heavy mental weight for the team. He played very well, because he helped us get back into the game after we started not fluent and not pacey.

"I also give Laurent Koscielny a lot of credit - he came back from Russia on Thursday and today he scored when we were 1-0 down. Fantastic."

Attachments

• arsene-wenger-.jpg
    arsene-wenger-.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 10
Back