Politics As Nigerians We Have Every Right to Issue an Ultimatum to President Jonathan-Ango Abdullahi

A

abujagirl

Prof Ango Abdullahi, former vice-chancellor of the Ahmadu Bello University and a member of the Northern Elders Forum (NEF) has said that the group has every right as Nigerians to issue an ultimatum to President Goodluck Jonathan, adding that they were only exercising their freedom of expression; LEADERSHIP reported.

The NEF had on Monday said that President Jonathan had until the end of October, 2014 to produce the missing Chibok schoolgirls abducted in April, or face mass opposition to his re-election as president in 2015. The Presidency had issued a statement faulting the ultimatum.

Addressing newsmen, Abdullahi said, "One is not completely surprised with the reaction of the presidential aide on the press conference put together by Dr Hakeem Baba-Ahmed and Solomon Dalung in Kaduna. First, Ithink the question with regard to whether the statement actually came from the Northern Elders Forum, perhaps they are not used to seeing other people apart from the usual persons speaking on behalf of the forum.

"I want to make it absolutely clear that the press conference convened by Dr Hakeem and Dalung was convened with full knowledge and support of the Northern Elders Forum. In fact, it was a product of a meeting that took place that both translated into a press statement. So, that is to disabuse the mind of anybody who doubts that these two gentlemen are speaking for themselves. They are speaking on behalf of the forum.

"One is surprised that someone who doesn’t know the Northern Elders Forum, should begin to question who are members and who are not members. But I want to assure listeners or readers, as the case may be, that Dr Hakeem and Dalung that convened this press conference in Kaduna did so with full knowledge of the Northern Elders Forum’s main committee. I want to clear that doubt in the mind of anybody, whether from the officialdom or from ordinary reading public,” Abdullahi said.

#Chibok #AngoAbdullahi #Kaduna

ango abdullahi.jpg

Back