ASUU dares FG:You can’t force varsities to open•Jonathan meets union leaders today-Nigerian Tribune

A

abujagirl

THE Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) has warned that any plan by the Federal Government to forcefully re-open universities in the country will be met with stiff resistance.

The development came as President Goodluck Jonathan decided to personally intervene in the resolution of the impasse, as he summoned the leadership of ASUU to the Presidential Villa, Abuja, for a meeting today.

ASUU chairman, University of Abuja chapter, Mr Clement Chup, who confirmed the invitation by President Jonathan to the union leaders, however, said anything short of a clear agenda for implementing the 2009 agreement would not be acceptable to the union.

SOURCE: Nigerian Tribune

Read more at http://www.tribune.com.ng/news2013/...open-•jonathan-meets-union-leaders-today.html

upload_2013-11-4_7-10-27.png

Everyone is baring their fangs. It is making it easy for me to share empathy with FG. FG is like a timid mother, begging her child, who is screaming loudly and holding a knife and saying "If you don't buy me a new bike, I swear to God, momma, I will kill myself!"

ASUU should be ignored for a while....those lecturers love the strike, it's like a leave from work for them; the government should just make surer it's not a paid leave.

I read somewhere that they get paid leave for the first three months of strike. It's in the constitution or something. I am not absoulutrly sure I read right...

I read somewhere that they get paid leave for the first three months of strike. It's in the constitution or something. I am not absoulutrly sure I read right...
yes, the first 3 months is paid according to industrial laws. After than the govt has a right to withhold salaries.....

I'm sure the govt will enforce the industrial laws when they pay ASUU the agreed sum. The loss of the money will pain them enough to draw some blood by not paying them their salaries :D

And the good part is, ASUU won't be able to strike about that :D

I'm sure the govt will enforce the industrial laws when they pay ASUU the agreed sum. The loss of the money will pain them enough to draw some blood by not paying them their salaries :D

And the good part is, ASUU won't be able to strike about that :D
ASUU has been known to be very unreasonable

If ASUU dares go to strike over unpaid post-three-month strike salaries, believe me, everybody and his dog will root for the FG

Headcase, you are really a case. Get paid for strike hmmmm, You didnt read well, maybe your head was on fire then.

yes, the first 3 months is paid according to industrial laws. After than the govt has a right to withhold salaries.....
ok Jules, since you concured, i will confirm but if its just @The_HeadCase then hmmmmmm

he read it from one of my past comments on the ASUU issue, he's smart but not legally smart

I never claimed to know it all. After all, in my statement, I said I read somewhere. I don't claim to know more than I do, friends :) I only speak what I know.

Back