Sports Athletics Federation of Nigeria not professional enough – Asumnu

Nigerian athlete,Gloria Asumnu has defended her outburst at the World Athletics Championship in Moscow,claiming that she regrets running for Nigeria.
Asumnu lamented in Moscow,that the Athletics Federation of Nigeria (AFN) wasn’t doing enough to prepare them for international meets.
The athlete said that she was requesting for the AFN to be more professional like what is obtainable elsewhere.
“I would like to see more support, the protocol that the people want to put in place, the protocol they talked about, I would like to see fairness across all board, I would like to see more professionalism on both parts because I don’t always show it and so does the federation too sometimes and it’s just that I am passionate about what I do and I have been doing it for a while now,” she told Brila FM.
On why she failed to shine in Moscow,Asumnu said she had an injury prior to the competition,but will not use it as an excuse.
“I don’t like these kind of excuses but I was not in top shape due to injuries I suffered prior to the Calabar meet and there wasn’t just enough time to recuperate and recover in time to face some of the World’s best in the championship so I went with what I could, thinking that I got it under control but my performance was based on the fact that I didn’t have enough time to re-build” she added.

Continue reading...

Back