Politics Atiku Absent as APC Presents Presidential Aspirants

A

abujagirl

Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar was conspicuously absent at the All Progressives Congress, APC mini conference yesterday.

During the conference, Chief John Odigie-Oyegun, National chairman of the party presented four out of the five presidential aspirants present to the convention.

Those present were Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo, Mr Sam Nda-Isaiah and Governor Rabiu Kwankwaso of Kano State.

Oyegun told the convention that Atiku had traveled out of the country before the convention date.

Also, the APC chairman presented the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Aminu Tambuwal, to the delegates and gave him the APC symbol of broom.

Receiving the broom, the Speaker said, "No power of humans can deliver this country from the evils it has been plunged into by a certain cabal. I joined the APC platform for genuine change.

"I call on all like-minded Nigerians to join this ship in the quest for a new Nigeria. We need unity and solidarity in our ranks and as we move ahead, we will engage Nigerian men and women in the right direction.’

#APC #Oyegun #Tambuwal #Kwankwaso #Okorocha #Buhari #Atiku #Nda-Isaiah

APC.jpg

Atiku is new to the APC, he only joined because he wanted to contest for the presidency.

@sirOscie why wasn't the meeting postponed then? He's been treated as an outsider and what amazes me is that Atiku has somehow been overshadowed since others declared for presidency.

Atiku is new to the APC, he only joined because he wanted to contest for the presidency.

@sirOscie why wasn't the meeting postponed then? He's been treated as an outsider and what amazes me is that Atiku has somehow been overshadowed since others declared for presidency.
Are you saying Atiku and Tinubu are on their own now? Why should a party postpone its convention for a person's sake? Does it sound cool to you? I dont see anything wrong with what happened yesterday, you are just looking at it from the pdp's point of view.

@sirOscie c'mon, I'm no PDP-er. I just want to see good governance.

I'm not asking APC to postpone any convention. It was a mini conference and Atiku shoulda been there. His absence says a lot.

iF YU say so.. You'd better hope and pray this doesn't affect him in the future.
It will not. Naija politics is not about who makes the loudest noise but who has the keys to open the doors that matters in the party.
Do u remember Odili and Yar'udua? while odili was busy making noise, Yar'udua was politicking. I'm sure u know the result.

@sirOscie you're discrediting the APC's official position to make Atiku look good...i'm not impressed.
I'm just giving facts . I'm discrediting anyone or painting anyone white. The truth is there for all to see but it's depends bcos you can see and still claim not knowing what u are seeing. Is naija sha so i am not surprise.

Back