Politics Atiku -How El-Rufai Tried to Corrupt Me With Transcorp Shares

A

abujagirl

Nigeria's former Vice-President Atiku Abubakar has claimed that Nasir el-Rufai, Governor of Kaduna state, offered him shares in Transcorp Plc but he turned down the offer.

Atiku 1.jpg

Speaking with Zero Tolerance, a publication of the Economic and Financial crimes Commission, EFCC, Atiku responded to a question on how allegations of corruption became his albatross in the race for the presidency in 2006, he said: “well if Atiku is corrupt, he would have been found guilty of corruption by all the panels and probes and cases brought before courts.”

“I remember the only corruption indictment against me was a white paper which was cooked up by our own administration over night to including the very EFCC that I helped found and other cabinet ministers, which I challenged in court.

“The court rightly dismissed all those indictments as being mere political; and till todayn nobody has ever indicted me of corruption.”

On the allegations of corruption leveled against him by El-Rufai, in his book, ‘Accidental Public Servant’, Atiku said, “this is the same el-Rufai and others who incorporated Transcorp during my time as Vice President and offered me shares and I declined.”

“I wrote to them officially to say it was unethical of me to have accepted those offers; so, where is the corruption toga coming from.” He said.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back