Politics Atiku may soon Defect to APC

A

abujagirl

Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar may soon defect from the ruling Peoples' Democratic Party, PDP to the All Progressives Congress, APC . The former vice president has commenced consultation on the invitation extended to him by the leaders of the APC.

The APC leaders had visited Atiku in Abuja on December 18 at his Asokoro, Abuja residence, asking him to join the party. The leaders were led by the Interim National Chairman of the party, Chief Bisi Akande.

A statement issued by Atiku on his likely defection read, "As we begin a new year, our nation has to begin anew. As you are aware, I have been engaged in formal and informal meetings with Nigerians for a while. And for the next few weeks, I will be travelling across the country in continuation of the consultative process. I will continue to listen to the hopes and fears of our people, so that together, we can build a future that we all can be proud of. The times we are in call for hard work because Nigerians matter and our country matters, too.

"I believe that this consultative process will reinforce our shared values and throw up a new way forward for our dear country, the statement concluded.

Attachments

• atiku.jpg
    atiku.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 19
  • atiku.jpg
    atiku.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Back