Business Atiku Speaks: If Nigerians Don't Develop Nigeria, Who Would?

L

LequteMan

According to ex Vice President, Atiku Abubakar, now is the best time to invest in Nigeria.

Speaking at the ground breaking ceremony of Rico Gado Nutrition Factory, in Abuja, on Saturday, he said Nigeria presents a huge opportunity for investment.

According to him, he and his foreign partners were encouraged by the experience garnered in setting up a similar factory in Yola, the Adamawa State capital at the height of the Boko insurgency in the North East.

“Despite the doubts about our economy because of current challenges, we are confident about Nigeria’s future and about our future.

“I think I speak for my partners in this joint venture when I say: We know what we are getting into, and we’re doing it because we believe in Nigeria, because we believe that Nigeria will overcome its current difficulties, because we believe our nation will change for the better.”

He recalled that in January 2015, he had the privilege of commissioning the 20 tonnes per hour Yola plant which is Nigeria’s first multi-purpose animal feed mill. He noted that one of his friends asked if he thought it was a good idea to invest in agribusiness when he embarked on the venture in January 2013.

“I told my friend that I understood his doubts, but that I felt I had an obligation to help develop my town and my state and support the people.

“If we don’t do it, who would? I also told him that my partners in the joint venture all agreed that the time was right, and that the place would do.”

He said the factory has now grown to be exactly what he and his partners hoped for – an economically viable enterprise, and a catalyst for change.

Punch

Attachments

• Atiku-Abubakar-5.jpg
    Atiku-Abubakar-5.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 15
Back