Sports Aubameyang Says He's Not Leaving Dortmund For Arsenal

Borrusia Dortmund forward, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, has debunked rumours linking to English Premier league side, Arsenal this January.

The 26-year-old, who won the CAF player of the year award in Abuja, Nigeria, has scored 24 goals in 23 appearances for his Bundesliga club this season.

Aubameyang1.jpg

Aubameyang's performance has attracted interest from across Europe, with the Premier League leaders Arsenal planning a £40m bid for the Gabon international.

However, speaking after collecting his first African Footballer of the Year award on Thursday, Aubameyang put an end to reports linking him with a move to the Emirates Stadium.

"Let me say this first: I am not going to Arsenal," he told ESPN at the ceremony. "Dortmund is my club and I am not leaving soon."

The news will come as a blow for Arsene Wenger as he bids to end the Gunners' 12-season wait for the Premier League title.

With Alexis Sanchez and Danny Welbeck suffering long-term injuries this term, Arsenal's attacking options have been scarce, with Olivier Giroud and the mesmeric Mesut Ozil shouldering much of the responsibility.

Aubameyang, meanwhile, has risen to prominence at Dortmund, particularly after the high-profile departures of Jurgen Klopp, Robert Lewandowski and Mario Gotze in recent seasons.

His goal glut left Dortmund eight points adrift of Bundesliga leaders Bayern Munich at the winter break, and news of his desire to remain at the Westfalenstadion will only strengthen their bid for a first German title in four years.

Back