KPMG Nigeria - Our client, a top-tier full-service Law firm that provides world-class legal services to local and international clients, is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Internal Audit Manager
Internal Audit Manager
- This role is responsible for evaluating the effectiveness and adequacy of internal controls.
- Also responsible for planning audits and supervises/manages audit teams in the performance of regulatory, financial, operational and special audits.
- Works with Department Heads to ensure that the relevant internal audit strategies, standard operating procedures, policies and manuals for the practice are implemented and updated where required.
- Plans and implements the Internal Audit programmes in conjunction with Department Heads to ascertain and report on degree of compliance with the firm’s approved policies and operating procedures, laws, regulations and code of good business practices.
- Leads and executes audits independently and efficiently, including audit planning, testing, control evaluation, report drafting and follow-up and verification of issue closure.
- Coordinates the execution of special duties/investigations of any significant breach of the Firm’s code of business conduct and suspected fraud cases as requested by the Board.
- Promotes a culture of transparency and accountability in the firm’s operations.
- Plans the scope of work as well as the deadlines of each internal audit exercise.
- Executes audits efficiently, including audit sample testing, controls testing and evaluation, report drafting and follow-up and verification of issue closure.
- Develops a risk based test plan by selecting appropriate audit approach, test procedures and sampling criteria based on professional judgement and departmentally defined internal audit methodology.
- Proposes practical and value adding recommendations to address control weaknesses and/or process inefficiencies identified during internal audit.
- Coordinates year-end inventory count and periodic fixed asset verification exercises carried out by the internal audit supervisors.
- Engages with the external auditors and supports engagement with other areas of the firm.
- Conducts follow-up reviews of and resolves control issues arising from internal and external audit exercises.
- Key Performance Indicators
- Audit Planning and Execution
- People Management
- A First Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Management or any Business discipline
- Membership of Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN) or Association of Certified and Chartered Accountants (ACCA) or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) or equivalent
- Minimum of 14 years relevant post-qualification experience, with at least 4 in a management role in a reputable organisation