Sports AWC: Nigeria's Super Falcons Ready To Go All The Way - Edwin Okon

Super Falcons coach Nigeria, Edwin Okon has expressed satisfaction in his team's readiness to win the African women championship in Namibia.

Nigeria have won the title six times since the competition started, only losing it twice since the inception of the AWC tournament .

Equatorial Guinea won the last edition of the AWC with the Super Falcons finishing in fourth position,but Okon promised that they are going to redeem their image in Namibia.

"As far as we are concerned, we are set and that is the reason we have been playing series of friendly matches. I’m satisfied with the response of the players. So, we are ready for the challenges ahead,” Okon told Cafonline.com.

"I want to believe our chances are good though we are expecting no easy games. The most important thing for us is that we have prepared well and we are going to take one game at a time.

"The opening game against Cote d’Ivoire is important for us because it would set the tone for the rest of the competition. We are looking forward to the match against Cote d’Ivoire with optimism.

The former national team assistant coach also expressed confidence in her team’s ability to pick one of the three tickets to the Fifa Women’s World Cup billed for Canada.

"Yes, we are aiming to qualify and that is one of our major ambitions. I’m sure we are going to make it. I’m confident because we have been preparing well. Secondly, we have a crop of players that are talented and experienced,” he said.

Oparanozie.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Back