Politics Babangida Aliyu - US Invited 12 Northern Governors During Plot To Unseat Jonathan In 2015

A

abujagirl

Former Governor of Niger State, Babangida Aliyu has given fresh insight on how involved the United States of America was in Nigeria's 2015 elections.

Babagida Aliyu.jpg

The former Governor's claims are contained in a new book, “Against The Run of Play”, authored by the Chairman of ThisDay Editorial Board, Mr. Olusegun Adeniyi.

He said the Obama administration invited 12 northern governors to the US to ascertain their level of commitment to removing Jonathan.

“I have no proof of course, but I think the idea was to ascertain what the disposition of the north would be to the idea of another term for President Jonathan,” he told Adeniyi.

“That was my reading of the situation. I believe it was all about the 2015 election for which the Americans had resolved not to support Jonathan. They just wanted to size us up for the level of commitment to regime change.”

Former President Goodluck Jonathan had only recently revealed that the US Supported Muhammadu Buhari in becoming President.

READ: America, France Made Buhari President of Nigeria - Jonathan

Back