Politics Babangida Joins Others On Calls To Restructure Nigeria

P

ProfRem

Former Military Head of State, Ibrahim Babangida has joined former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar, calling for restructuring of Nigeria.

General Babangida made this known in his Eid-el-fitri message to Nigerians. He also condemned the spate of hate speeches from different groups in the country.

He said although the country has survived a lot of crisis in the past, restructuring can no longer be wished away.

“Restructuring has become a national appeal as we speak, whose time has come. I will strongly advocate for devolution of powers to the extent that more responsibilities be given to the states while the federal government is vested with the responsibility to oversee our foreign policy, defense, and economy.

ibbb.jpe

“Even the idea of having federal roads in towns and cities has become outdated and urgently needs revisiting. That means we need to tinker with our constitution to accommodate new thoughts that will strengthen our nationality,” he stated.

General Babangida also advocated for the adoption of state policing, saying that the initial fears that state governors will misuse the officers and men of the state police have become moribund.

The former military ruler rounded up his message by appealing to Nigerians especially the youth to keep alive the dreams of the nation’s founders insisting that Nigeria has all it takes to lead the African continent by virtue of its population, diversities and sheer determination of its people.

Reconstruction is not what you should be talking now.
Whose did Nigerians heard few days ago?
Why did the voice addressed Nigerians in Hausa language?
If it was pmb, what do he has to say about the controversies it has created?

He is coming back to confront those controversies. Part of it, is to know whether our marriage is due to ''re-marry' , adjustments or separate it'.

Restructuring the sickly Nigeria system is a step in the right direction, One that all well meaning Nigerians should support wholeheartedly.
We need to do things differently for a better and greater Nigeria.
Keep speaking for the people Atiku Abubakar.

Restructuring the sickly Nigeria system is a step in the right direction, One that all well meaning Nigerians should support wholeheartedly.
Leave matter for matthias joor. Before nko

@RemmyAlex innocent people have lost their lives and you are rating my comment "disagree"
Yes, just because we v different views on issues. I listened to your argument but it is at my own view to say... Separation is not the way to go.

how many other innocent will also lost lives, properties in this separation cause and after separation?

But Sir OBJ and Sir Atiku once had the opportunity to change the melody but we only saw a Kangaroo confab in a Kalakuta republic.

But Sir OBJ and Sir Atiku once had the opportunity to change the melody but we only saw a Kangaroo confab in a Kalakuta republic.
sir OBJ and Atiku has the chance.......WE all know the duties of a VP in Nigeria unless you have a boss like PMB or the Late Yar'Udua you know what i mean

Back