Barcelona to Manchester United: “forget about Fabregas”

C

Chris Maduewesi

Barcelona have once again reiterated that midfielder,Cesc Fabregas is not for sale,with Manchester United showing keen interest on the player.
Manchester United manager,David Moyes,on Thursday revealed that they are still in for Fabregas,despite Barcelona twice turning their bids.
New Barcelona coach Gerardo Martino on Friday said that if Barcelona had rejected offers for Fabregas,he is backing it,insisting that the 26-year old will not leave.
Martino said: “Evidently I’m not going to talk about the financial interests of the club but if the club have turned down United’s offers two times in this case I add a third rejection.
“So we are going to keep him here,” Martino added.
Barca vice-president Josep Maria Bartomeu,furthered added that they will not accept any offer from United for Fabregas.
“Whatever offer United make, however big, we will say no. Cesc Fabregas will stay a Barcelona player,” Bartomeu said.
“That United shows interest in Cesc Fabregas is normal. He is a truly great player. It doesn’t annoy us.
“It gives us pride to have such a good player in our team that United want him because they are a great club.”
“But whatever offer arrives from them we are not going to sell Cesc Fabregas. We are counting on him.”
“I think Tata Martino was clear that he is counting on him as a player and Andoni Zubizaretta from the first day when we asked him about it saying there was an offer he replied Cesc is not for sale,” he added.
“We are very happy with him.”

Continue reading...

Back